- 01. 인내 (忍耐) Patience | quiet, steady perseverance; even-tempered care; diligence
- 02. 극기(克己) Self Control | Control or restraint of oneself or one’s actions, feelings, emotions, reactions…
- 03. 존경(尊敬) Respect | Willingness to show consideration or appreciation.
- 04. 노력(努力) Effort | An earnest or strenuous attempt
- 05. 집중(集中) Concentration | The act of concentrating; the state of being concentrated.
- 06. 목표(目標) Objective | Something that one’s efforts or actions are intended to attain or accomplish.
AEKWONDO FOR KIDSYou and your kids have all seen the flying kicks, battle cries and mighty chops of their favorite TV characters (Power Rangers, Teenage Mutant Ninjas, Ninjagos, etc…) as they beat the bad guys to submission – but, you may ask, how on earth can these acts of violence teach my child anything worthwhile?
First, know that what you see on television is a far cry from what real martial arts are all about. The fact is martial arts training is based on non-violence.The beauty of learning TAEKWONDO is that it encompasses not just the physical aspects of the “sport”, but mental and emotional lessons as well.
Comparing that to other kid’s activities and sports, where fierce competitiveness and “winning at all costs” seem to be the order of the day, it’s not surprising that many children grapple with issues of self-esteem and misplaced aggression.
Now imagine your child actually learning valuable life lessons face to face, skills that he/she will take throughout life, laying the foundation for a happy, well adjusted and fulfilled adult life.